Then there were 4.
Thursday, July 11, 2013
Our Baby!!
Our Precious baby Kesley LeeAnn Hancock was born Friday July 5, 2013. At 11:28 p.m. Weighing in at 7 lbs and 20 inches long. She looks like her big brother Konner just more petite. Her delivery was very fast, and very different then expected. I came in for some surgery the morning of the 5th, I was dilated to a 1. The doctors put off my sugery for a little while why they checked my heart as it was to fast of a beat, they did a ekg and many other tests at that time. Then when they checked me I was dilated to a 1.5. I had been contracting the whole time but they thought I was just false alarming. They went ahead and took me for surgery, while I contracted the entire time through the procedure. I came out and was dilated to a 3 by the time they checked me again, then a 5 within the hour after that. Then a 7 within another hour and 8 in thirty minutes and 10 in just a few minutes later. 3 pushes and Kesley was here. According to her big brother " shes here, shes here shes crying, my siss". Within a sort time later Kesley was taken to the Special Care Unit without us holding her. She was born at 36 weeks and 4 days. A little to early for her lungs to be developed. Since then we have been in Salt Lake. Kesley is being taken care of in the SPC. After delivering her I had to have surgery on me on Monday the 8th. All went much better this time around but I have to go again on Tuesday hopefully for my last procedure. Kesley is a fighter. Her lung saks were not developed so she has been on many different machines for oxygen, and many other plugs and cords. But out little girl is doing great. And everyday is an adventure. Monday the 8th was the very first time I got to hold her, right before my surgery it was such a bitter sweet moment. This time here has felt as if this precious gift of a child had been given to us, but it was not quit ours until we were able to hold her in our arms, and know things would be fine. It is an emotional process like a roller coaster ride every day. But I cant believe how great she is doing. They are saying she will most likely go home on oxygen as she is still requiring 30% but they are hoping she will go down on it with in the next few days. Wednesday night they had a parent social for the parents of the babies who are in the SPC, they gave us some things and on a small towel for baby was this saying which I think is how I have felt as well as Jeremy.
"It's hard to come into this life
And not have mommy's touch.
I know the doctors mean to help
But I miss her so much.
We had many months together
When I was tucked inside.
Now we're lonely for each other
And we both have cried and cried.
But someone gave my mommy
A hanky to hold tight.
She sleeps and holds it close to her
It's filled with love each night.
When mommy comes to see me
She puts it by my skin
It makes me feel so happy
'Cause I feel my mom again.
I love these little hankies
They work just like a charm
And I'll cuddle, smell and hold them tight
Till I'm back in Mommy's arms."
This time has been an emotional roller coaster for all. We miss Konner dearly and hope he understands that we have to be here with Kesley. But that we love him so much, and think and talk about him constantly. We tell Kesley stories about him and how much he loves her and wants her to come home. It's amazing how much your heart opens up when you have another kid. Lastly thanks to all of our friends and family for the calls of concern. And for watching Konner. Especially my parents this process I know has been a long time, they have helped us through this whole pregnancy process with both our children now. They have put aside there own needs to make sure that we are all alright. We truly know how much you love us, and we thank you for all that you have done, from the early morning calls, the breakfasts, dinners, and lunchs, and watching Konner when I needed it. We truly love you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment