Then there were 4.

Then there were 4.

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Long days, Late nights

So I'm sitting here next to Konner at 11:05 pm watching Paw Patrol episode Halloween. So last night Konner woke up with a cough. He coughed for 2 hrs then slept 1 then coughed another 1 hr. So between feeding Kesley at her 3am feed and taking care of him I'm exhausted. I called my mom at 7:30 and asked her if she could watch Kesley while I took him to Dinosaurland Pediatrics @ 10:15. Waited an hr as they were busy then Dr. Pollary came in. Checked Konner over then the news; he has croup. They gave him 2 pills then another 2 for in the morning. I called Jeremy to ask him to which kid we should keep at the our house. We decided we better keep Konner so we can watch him, and let my mom take Kesley to her house. She knows all our routines. We loaded her truck up with all the necessities needed for baby girl. Then me and Konner has been hanging out since 2. Got him in bed around 8:45, Jeremy and I headed to bed at 9:45 after watching a movie. Then honestly 5 minutes later Konner started coughing. Jeremy got him a sippie cup full of juice (no milk w/ cough) and laid by him. Ten minutes later as per the cough I head upstairs knowing its only a matter of time till he throws up because he's coughing so hard. I have always kept a container under his bed for those last minute instances. I grabbed the container just in time for it to unleash. Got everything cleaned up and laundry started. Yucky... Now we're just laying on the couch watching TV and unless this cough subsides will be up for at least the next few hours. I'm totally soaking up this time with him even though he's sick. With a baby in the house things have been a little different around here. As I left my moms tonight after taking a few things she needed down there the drive back home was hard. It is the first night I have been away from my baby girl. And even though she had been in the hospital for 2 weeks when she was born we never were away from her at night our room was right next door to hers. So yes I cried on the way home cuz I had to leave her, and my heart is torn. But I know she's in great hands and this is better for her and better for Konner. So now we just focus on getting him better and hoping Kesley doesn't catch it. Night night I'm going to snuggle my son.

No comments:

Post a Comment